Friday, February 6, 2009

Motherhood moments.

I've been super busy. I just wanted to share this:

"What can . . . young mother[s] [do] . . . to reduce the pressure [of raising young children] and enjoy [their families] more? . . . "Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction. "Author Anna Quindlen reminds us not to rush past the fleeting moments. She said: 'The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less' (Loud and Clear [1004], 10-11)."


M. Russell Ballard, "Daughters of God," Ensign, May 2008, 109

8 comments:

Emily said...

I love this quote! Thanks!! I just may have to share it on my blog.

Maddy said...

i love this quote! I was just talking to Bryce about this the other day, so it's cool that you posted it! Even though I look forward to when Britton starts talking to me and the words make sense, I love the baby babble and I want to make the most of it!! :) Small example I guess. But it's so true that a lot of moms, including myself some days, just want to get through the day. Thanks for sharing this quote!

Mike & Emily West said...

THANK YOU! I really needed to read that. I miss you guys!

Frances said...

I sure miss you guys! When in a good time to call? I'd love to catch up and see how everything is going!

Karli said...

This is a beautiful post. And thanks for visiting my blog today!

Kristine said...

I love this quote as well. I have to remind myself about this all of the time! The more kids you have you realize how fast the time passed! I need to stop saying hurry! Good luck with your schooling!

Meg said...

Hey Andrea,
Dave and I want to send you guys a baby annoucement but we don't have your address. Could you send me a quick email with it-
meganfclark@gmail.com
Thanks!

jamandsteph said...

Blogs are a blessing in that way. We tend to write about the little everyday things that give us joy. You look great by the way!