Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jocelyn Sayings and Doings...

 Picture taken by Maddy, my sister in law.  
She took Jocelyn's 2 year photos and did an amazing job! THANK YOU

 Wow, Jocelyn is getting to have such a personalitiy! Good and bad thing...

- Last week she threw her first big tantrum in public.  Of course I was by myself, just after checking out at Maceys and the lady asked, "do you need any help out to the car?" "Oh no, I'm fine," was my reply.  Right then Jocelyn gets out of the car cart and flops herself on the floor and starts screaming a high pitched scream.  I have NO idea what happened. All I know is that I stared at her wondering what to do. Can't someone please take this loud child out of the store?! I tried to talk to her, which was ridiculous so I finally picked her up, kicking and screaming, held her like a little football under my arm and pushed that giant car cart out of Maceys as fast as I could.  I'll be grocery shopping after she's in bed for the next few years...

-  A few nights ago as we put her to bed Casey asked her for a kiss on the cheek.  She came over to give him one and LICKED HIM ON THE CHEEK! hahaha.  It was so funny! Me and Case just started laughing so hard.  She then proceeded to attack me and wouldn't stop climbing on me until I let her lick my cheek!

- Yesterday she went over to the open window in my bedroom and started yelling out it, "Hello!! Anyone there? Hello? Hello?"

- Jocelyn says her personal prayers every night.  We used to help her say them and she would repeat the words.  Then she wanted to do it on her own.  It was fine for a while, "Heavenly father. Thankful for day. Thankful Sam Mission 'Tina. (Other random family names inserted here). Sleep good. amen." It was all going wonderful until she started getting distracted in the middle of prayer.  Casey or I would say "Amen" to try to end it.  Then she would get all frustrated, "No, Jocelyn say it!!!" and start all over again with, "Heavenly Father." Last night we started over 5 times! Yikes.

-  Casey and I sometimes call Jocelyn names like "silly stuff, craziness, princess, etc" whenever we do she corrects us by saying, "NO! Jocelyn Emma Egbert!!"

- Jocelyn loves to give compliments.  She's always saying, "mommy hair so pretty, cute shirt mommy, or good job mommy." It's the cutest thing ever! Sunday in church she was telling Casey to color different pictures in her coloring book and after each one she would pat him and say, "good job daddy" in a soft sappy sweet little voice. So funny

4 comments:

Emily said...

So cute! I don't think I've heard her speak yet! (I'm sure I'm way behind on things) But I can just imagine her cute little voice!

Lara said...

she's so stinkin cute. I love her curly hair. AND that shirt is adorable!

Alyse and Bob said...

I am in love with her little curls. I hope that my natural curl passes on like that. She also looks darling with it straight.

A.J. and Ashley said...

I can't believe how big she is. It goes by so fast. She is cuter than ever.