Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Photo taken in April. Jocey and me.
 Photo taken last October. Four generations- my mom's mom, my mom, me, and Jocelyn

We had a great day yesterday.  Casey really took care of everything and let me relax all day.  He is the best! He made me the best buttermilk pancakes for breakfast.  He also got me an apron that I have been loving from Flirty Aprons and had Jocelyn draw me a picture. During church he tickled my back and gave me hand rubs the whole time.

We got to spend some time with both of our mothers.  I feel so blessed to have them in my life.  They are both such great examples to me of the kind of mother I want to be.  I love being a mom!!

I love this little message from Russell M. Nelson:


“During my professional career as a doctor of medicine, I was occasionally asked why I chose to do that difficult work. I responded with my opinion that the highest and noblest work in this life is that of a mother. Since that option was not available to me, I thought that caring for the sick might come close. I tried to care for my patients as compassionately and competently as Mother cared for me.
Many years ago the First Presidency issued a statement that has had a profound and lasting influence upon me. 'Motherhood,' they wrote, 'is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.
Because mothers are essential to God’s great plan of happiness, their sacred work is opposed by Satan, who would destroy the family and demean the worth of women.' " Russell M. Nelson, “Our Sacred Duty to Honor Women,” Ensign, May 1999, 38

1 comment:

Maddy said...

i'm glad casey let you relax! you deserve it! (and i'm really glad you finally updated your blog!)

motherhood definitely has its days, but i love it too! :)