
I was in the car with my dad on the way to Jr. High when an announcement came on the radio saying that a plane had just crashed into the World Trade Center. My dad shushed me and turned the radio up really loud. I tried to ask what the World Trade Center was but my dad just shushed me again. So, I sat there confused until he finally explained. It was a very sad day. At school all we did was watch videos and pictures of what was happening on the other side of the country. I couldn't even grasp the reality of what was happening.
I am forever grateful for our country and that we live in a land of freedom. I am thankful to each and every person who has ever served our country and fought for freedom. Without you, we could never be "The land of the free, and the home of the brave." Thank you to all of the brave who fight for America.




1 comment:
Isn't that so crazy that we were in Junior high then? I remember hearing it on the "school-news" in the morning then having the principle talk over the intercom about it *I still wasn't sure what was going on or what the trade towers were either. It almost seems like just recently, but really, junior high? wow, I feel old! Cute blog by the way!
Post a Comment