Friday, June 5, 2009

Cruisin Grand Cayman

The first place we stopped at was Grand Cayman. We didn't dock right on the shore so we used tender boats. Here we are leaving the ship on the tender boat.

We looked around at some of the shops, then we had an excursion planned through the cruise line. First stop the Turtle Farm. The Turtle Farm ended up being one of our favorite things (or at least one of Caseys). They had different pools with different sized turtles and the smaller turtles we could grab and hold. Casey loved going around and picking up all the turtles.


After the turtle farm we went to a little place called Hell. It was named Hell because of all the black rock stuff. We sent both our families postcards from Hell.


The last stop was going to see the sting rays. We got on a boat and took about a 30 minute ride to the middle of the ocean. There was a big sandbar that was 3-4 feet deep, the water was crystal clear, and there were stingrays everywhere! When I first got off the boat they totally freaked me out. They would just swim by and brush against you. Plus they were huge! Our tour guides would laugh at us for being so scared of them. They loved to take the stingrays over to people and put the stingray on our backs. After a little bit I decided I wasn't going to get this chance again so I held, kissed, and even got a sting ray massage (another things our guides thought was super funny).


When we got back on the boat to leave the stingrays our guides drove a little ways then stopped. When I looked down in the water I could see tons of huge starfish down on the bottom. I mean tons! It was way cool. Our guide dove down and grabbed one so we could all have pictures. I've never seen one so big!


The amazing water one more time! I was in shock that it was actually so clear and turquoise! I loved it! And Casey loved how warm it was.


Leaving Grand Cayman with our ship in the background. Oh, and I got completely fried on this first day at port. Sadness. Casey's shoulder's got burnt too, but of course his tanned up nicely.



That night we had another towel animal! We still don't know what it is though??

2 comments:

A.J. and Ashley said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! We went on a cruise for our Honeymoon and I want to go on another one so bad. They are perfect vacations! Your swimsuit is really cute!

Maddy said...

sting rays scare me sooo bad!! my dad got stung by one in the DR and he was still screaming bloody murder after 3 vials of morphine. Ew, creepy! I love your bathing suits and I'll definitely have to go see that lady when we're out there. Looks like so much fun!!

ps- when we were in belize we had this crazy tour guide that kept saying "YOU BETTA BELIZE IT!" and it was so cheesy, but it's cool that they speak english, huh?? your day there reminded me of that.