Isla Roatan is an island town of Honduras. It was like a jungle! It is so green and the plants are all huge. This picture is from the top of the ship before we got off for the day.
These people were playing the drums and dancing around to welcome all the tourists (us!)
We had another excursion planned through the cruise line. We went to a park called Gumbalimba nature park. We took a tour to see plants that are found in Honduras. This is a cashew tree. The cashew is on the end of the red cashew fruit.
We thought this palm tree was cool.
Across the bridge was the bird sanctuary. There were tons of parrots flying all over.
Next up was monkeys! I know it seems like we went on a petting zoo cruise- turtles, stingrays, parrots, monkeys! It was super fun though. You just don't see animals like that around Utah so we had to take advantage. The monkeys would just jump from person to person. One of them kept stealing people's sunglasses and trying to put them on his face. It was so funny. They are pretty smart little animals.
After Gumbalimba park I was feeling sad about not actually having gone to a beach yet to swim so Casey took pitty on me and we payed a taxi to take us to the beach for the 1 1/2 hours we had left on the island. He took us to this beach where we were pretty much the only ones there. The tide was coming in so it made the water kind of mucky but it was still a beach! I was so happy that Casey took me I decided to write it in the sand. He really does love me. Casey isn't a big fan of swimming in the ocean. He hates the salt water. So I swam around by myself for a while.
Then we took some beautiful pictures of us in the ocean and kissed on the cute swinging chairs. It was so perfect.
After dinner that night I still wasn't sick of pictures. I tried to take some cute ones of us but when Casey has had way too many pictures in a day this is how they turn out.




2 comments:
Wow you guys! That looks like it was such an amazing trip! As for Keizya talking, no...she only says DADA, Bye Bye and Papa....then all of sudden she spit out some sentences. She's crazy! Oh, and I'm take a guess on the towel animal....maybe it was a Koala? They have big ears and smooshed faces, it kinda looked like that. And Case, there's no way you could be sick of pictures! I'm gonna tell Andrea about Yellowstone if you don't shape up! Ha Ha! Remember the fish beds? and the buffalo wings? Yah, you should tell her about that silly trip.
we saw the cashew trees in brasil... and they reminded us of something... if you don't know what i'm talking about I'll have to tell you when I see you... NEXT WEEK! We can't wait to come out and play! Did casey talk to you about going boating with us?
Post a Comment