Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July Weekend

On Friday night we went up to Casey's parents cabin for his dad's side of the family reunion.  We were there through Sunday and loved every minute of it.  We enjoyed wonderful company, took naps, put a puzzle together, ate s'mores, watched fireworks, and did a whole lot of nothing! Casey played some basketball with the uncles and stayed up way to late playing nintendo.  Jocelyn had a blast playing with cousins (Casey's littlest cousins)., and the fireworks were a big hit.  She kept saying the colors as they went off.  At first we were asking her what color they were, then she was just saying them without us asking, and then she starting asking us, "what color that was?" They kept her entertained for a good 10 minutes then she said, "let's go home now."

Sunday afternoon we headed over to my dad's side of the family reunion.  Luckily, the two reunions were only 45 minutes away from eachother so it wasn't hard to make it to both.  There we enjoyed seeing family that we only see about once a year, played some frisbee golf, and went rock climbing.  We were only there until Monday night but we had a great time!

This Thursday and Friday we have yet another reunion! This one is for Casey's mom's side of the family.  It's camping and should be alot of fun.

(ps- I went to take a picture up at the cabin and realized I didn't have an sd card.  Sad day.  No pictures for now. Hopefully I can get some from other people and add them on here.)

In other news:  This last week I started feeling my baby boy kick!! YAHOO! I love that feeling!

1 comment:

Maddy said...

i am so excited to feel little kicks again. i'm sad we missed the reunion!