Sunday, September 12, 2010

Potty Talk

Jocelyn has been potty trained since end of May, but she just recently started wearing panties at night and nap and not having any accidents! This is very exciting, but Jocelyn definitely has issues with going to the potty multiple times a night before she actually falls asleep. I'm thinking it is her perfect excuse to stay up longer because when she yells, "uh-oh. I need to go potty" I can't ignore it. Tonight she went potty before going to bed. Then 5 minutes after she was in bed we heard the "uh-oh. I need to go potty." (This is always said the exact same.) She went and went back to bed.  About 15 minutes later we again heard the "uh-oh..."  She went into the bathroom and after sitting on the pot for a good 10 minutes, I said to her, "You have 2 more minutes." She responded, "I'm not ready to be wiped yet. Don't ask me, alright."

Side note- earlier tonight she forgot to put her little seat on the potty down, usually this doesn't matter and she just goes about her business, but this time she fell right in!! I mean all the way. She soaked the dress she was wearing and her feet were in the air. She was scared and started crying. Case and I tried so hard not to let her see us laughing. It was funny and I'm so wishing I grabbed my camera.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! I SOOO wish you would have had your camera at that moment! I can't imagine walking in and seeing your girl so scared and shaken up sitting in the toilet. I bet you felt so sorry for her, but laughed so hard! Great story!

Emily said...

Yay! Very exciting. And the side note cracked me up!

Chelsey said...

Oh no! That's my biggest fear is Truman falling in the toilet...but I guess it's pretty funny! Poor girl, that would be scary. She is so adorable!

Elise said...

Violet has fallen in before too :). Now she is very careful to grab onto something so she doesn't!

She also used to postpone bedtime with the potty excuse. Once she sat there for 45 minutes insisting she needed to go poop. Glad those days are gone!