Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jocelyn Sayings...

Last night in the car on our way to Walmart, Jocelyn was whining/crying. I don't even remember why.  I was in no mood to just ignore it and after asking her to please stop without it working, I said very sternly, "Jocelyn, Stop crying." She laughed a little (maybe because she hasn't heard me talk so sternly before...) then continued. Finally I said, "That's enough." (no louder than normal but more stern.)

Jocelyn said, "Daddy, Mommy not talking nice."

Case and I lost it. Then Case told me to apologize. I didn't. I just said in my normal voice, "If you listen the first time I will talk nice, but when you don't I need to say it so that you will listen. You need to obey mommy when I ask you to stop."

I'm not sure if this made sense to her but she said, "Thank you mommy for talking nice. If you not talk nice to me I will be sad."

 3 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!

Jocelyn asks daily when she wakes up if Santa brought her toys. She also seems to think I'm just being mean by having presents under the tree and not letting her open them.  And, she FINALLY asked for what she is actually getting for Christmas. I ask her almost everyday what she wants and up until yesterday it was random things she saw around the room- a carrot, a teddy bear, a horse. Yesterday when I asked her she said,  "a new kitchen and some play food." Sounds good to me :)

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

Jocelyn is so funny! Thanks for including her funny sayings, they make our day! Congrats on baby Miles!