
I made chicken cordon bleu last night for dinner! I'm so proud of myself and it was so tasty! Casey loves chicken cordon bleu and I've been wanting to try it for a while. Thanks to allrecipes.com (if you haven't used it you need to. It will even calculate the ingredients for how many servings you want), I found a great recipe with a few minor adjustments. I am not a great cook and I don't even like to cook, but this recipe was super simple and officially delicious. Give it a try! Added bonus, pounding the chicken gives you a good arm workout. :-)
Chicken Cordon Bleu II
Ingredients- Serves 6
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices ham
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (I used seasoned bread crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (I didn't use this)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (I used chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
DIRECTIONS
- Pound chicken breasts if they are too thick. (I did until they were about 1/2" thick) Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges. Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks. Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces. (I brushed with egg, then rolled in seasoned bread crumbs)
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Add the wine and bouillon. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter. Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet. Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over the chicken. Serve warm
2. Brown the chicken in butter on both sides then put in oven at 350' for 20 min or until juices run clear.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the cream, chicken broth, bouillon, and cornstarch then simmer for 10 min alone stirring often. Spoon over chicken. (I also used double the amount of sauce it called for)




2 comments:
Awesome! Ben says, "ohhhhh that looks yummy". I think he wishes he ate at your house last night. Mom
Looks Delicious! Can I have some? :)
Post a Comment