Thursday, July 1, 2010

BABY!!!

We are so excited for baby number 2 due December 7!

We had an ultrasound last week to find out the gender and it's a BOY! The ultrasound guy was really nice and checked everything else as well and it all looked great.

Casey is thrilled, and I'm not at all surprised to find out it's a boy.  I just knew it was and have had many dreams about my baby boy.  Jocelyn likes to talk about the new baby and told me the other day, "I can rock the baby and sing rock a by don't you cry". She also told me that she wants the baby to sleep in her bed with her.  Joce is so sweet and will be the best big sister. 

I feel like this pregnancy has been harder. I've been really sick (throwing up 1-3 times a day even with medicine that should help and being nauseous round the clock). I haven't made my family dinner in the last 2 months and the couple times I've tried to do the dishes I've thrown up. It's been difficult for sure.  One good thing is that I'm finally past the really tired stage and feel like I have more energy. Hopefully I get past the sick part sometime soon. December can't get here quick enough.  We've been wanting this little guy and if things had been according to "our plan" he would already be here, like in January.  haha- it's been a good reminder to us that the real plan is not in our hands but our Heavenly Father and he knows what is best for us. I feel like the year it took to get him made me alot more prepared and helps me to remember how much I want this baby when it's been a hard day.  

Now, we just need a name... :)



9 comments:

Maddy said...

she will be the best big sister ever. this new baby will be so loved. I can't wait to meet the little man! that's so crazy that your due date is basically what mine was with britton.

A New Life Student said...

Congratulations! How exciting to have a boy! Hope you feel better soon. Good thing they are worth it in the end huh?

Jackson Family said...

I am so excited for you I didnt even know you were expecting! That stinks that you have been sick! This pregnancy has kicked my butt as well I think he is going to convince me that I am done having kids lol. Cant wait to see him he will be a doll! And good luck on names that has been a struggle here!

Anonymous said...

WAHOO!!!!! So exciting!!! Sorry you've been so sick! Making dinner is totally over rated! I did the same thing... just getting back into the swing of things and now baby is about to be born and it'll probably be another 3 months at least of no dinners... oh well! Hope you get feeling better. And GREAT job on your friend's baby's photos. Wish we still lived close.

A.J. and Ashley said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Celisa said...

Congratulations!!!!! How exciting to be having a boy. I hope that you get feeling better soon.

Chelsey said...

Congratulations! What a great due date and a great post. It's true that it's good to have a reminder how much we love and want children, even when days are hard. I'm so sorry that you are so sick. I hope it gets better soon. You have it REALLY bad. I'm so glad that Jocelyn is so excited for a little bro!

Elise said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick! I know how it feels throwing up multiple times per day. I think I tried pretty much every remedy and nothing helped. (ginger, unisom, sea bands, grapefruit juice, etc.).

What medication are you on? I had both phenergen and zofran...neither really worked that well. Phenergen did nothing, and zofran very slightly helped with the vomiting, but not the nausea. I was about ready to try marijuana...j/k. But I hear that's supposed to be the best nausea killer ever! haha.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon! We're so excited for you guys!

Unknown said...

I am so excited that you're having a boy! What fun...atleast you definitely know you will have 1 of each...perfect! SO SO HAPPY FOR YOU!