Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Little project in the works
I've been wanting a play kitchen for Jocelyn since I was pregnant with her. Seriously, a long time. I just couldn't get myself to pay $100+ dollars for a store bought one. Plus, I kept seeing them on blogs being made out of nightstands/entertainments centers and thought maybe we could do that.
Then, one day while looking on KSL, I saw these and they were $10! I immediately called the lady and kept calling until she answered. She said that a bunch of people had already called on them but that she told them to come the next day, first to come got them. I asked if I could come that night since I just lived about 10 minutes away. She said yes and an hour later they were in the back of the truck. YAY! I have big plans for these. Casey is the builder; cutting and doing everything how I want. He's awesome. I have everything, including the paint picked out. Can't wait to see how these turn out! They were originally going to be Jocelyn's Christmas present but now I just want to give them to her as soon as they are done... hmm. Oh yeah, and we got rid of our kitchen table to make room for a new play area for Joce and baby brother. I figure if we are going to be in a 600 sq ft apartment with 2 kids we've got to get rid of anything we don't need and make this space work for us. So bye bye kitchen table, rug, high chair and hello play room. haha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Those are going to be PERFECT for a play kitchen!!! I should probably make a mini tool station for Britton. I bet something like that would be really easy!
Awesome! I can't wait to see what you do with them!
What a great find! I can;t wait to see what it looks like when it's done!
That is such an awesome idea. I can't wait to see the finished project. That is great that you already have a vision of what you want it to be. You are a trooper to get ride of your table for the play area. Sacrifice brings great rewards though!
That is such an awesome idea. I can't wait to see the finished project. That is great that you already have a vision of what you want it to be. You are a trooper to get ride of your table for the play area. Sacrifice brings great rewards though!
SO COOL! That's an awesome find. Perfect for a play kitchen. I've been wanting to make one forever too! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
So cute! I'm excited to see how they turn out. I will be bumming ideas off of you...just FYI :)
Post a Comment