Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Don't you hate it when...

... you forget the camera!! Last night we were getting ready to go to the Spanish Fork Rodeo. I was super excited. I got my cowgirl boots out, put on my American Eagle version of a belt buckle, I cleared all the pictures from the camera and made sure the battery was charged. We left our house late (Casey got home late from work, and then on our way out Jocelyn had a messy diaper) so by the time we were finding somewhere to park it was already 8:30 and it started at 8:00. We went into the rodeo and found our seats with the rest of the Egbert family and Grandpa Finch. As soon as we sat down I realized we left the camera in the car. Not a big deal right, well not only was our car parked a long ways away but we also happened to be seated in what I'm convinced was the most crowded spot in the stands. Did you know at the Spanish Fork fair grounds you can't even sit in your seat without jabbing the people in front of you with your knees and getting jabbed in the back by the people behind you? And the stairs don't go all the way to the top so if you are on the top few rows you have to climb through people to get to your seats. So, once we sat down there was no way we were getting back up. The entire rodeo I kept looking for a chance to go get the camera without having to climb through everyone. Well, our area stayed crowded the whole time.

Now don't start thinking that our whole rodeo experience was ruined. Other than forgetting the camera and no space to move, we had a blast! My very favorite part of the rodeo is the mutton bustin'. This is when the little kids ride sheep. It is hilarious. The winner of this was a little 7 year old boy. He rode the sheep like a bull- sitting up with one hand in the air! It was so cute! And of course, who doesn't love the bull riding?! I will definitely be going to the rodeo again next year, but some things will be different: I will take the camera, Jocelyn will come, I want a cute cowgirl shirt, and I'm buying all the seats around me so I can move! haha. I want to give a big thank you to Mom and Dad E for taking us!!!

4 comments:

Frances said...

How fun! I love rodeos!!! When you come down well have to try to make it to the Houston rodeo... it's crazy! But I agree with you about buying all the seats around you! ;)

Wright Bunch said...

Jocelyn is so stinkin' cute! Your blog is looking great, you need to show me how to get the three panel thing going on that you have!

Jackson Family said...

I saw you there! I tried to say hi but like you said so crowded its ridiculous! My dad is on the riding club and so he gets us the ones that you have the bar in front of you those are a little better! That was the night my dad won the trailer race! I bet you feel so lucky you came on that night ha ha!

Joseph, Julianna, Mason and Eli said...

I love the mutton bustin too! I didn't go this year :( Hopefully I can talk Joseph into going next year. :) It made me so happy to see you and little sad that I hardly do anymore. Jocelyn is getting big and so cute! Let's play soon! :)