Monday, December 1, 2008

A girls gotta have her shoe collection, even at 8 months old

I have a love for baby shoes. Before Jocey was born she already had 4 pair of shoes. The problem is Jocelyn's feet are not the average chunky brick-like baby feet. They are long and skinny. They've been that way since she was born. In fact it was one of the first things that I noticed and thought looked really funny on my "perfect" little newborn. Three of the four pairs of shoes I bought Jocelyn have been too fat for her feet. The other day I tried on these ones and ta-da, they fit! After my discovery of them fitting we went to Target and tried on at least 5 more pairs of shoes. You can bet she'll be getting at least one pair for Christmas.


Apparently they also taste good. :o)

3 comments:

Maddy said...

I love baby shoes too, but my problem is that Britton is already in a size 6! And his feet are already big enough so if I put these big kid shoes on him he looks really goofy.

And I'm glad that stroller works for you guys. It's a great little stroller, but my big boy was just too big for it!

Emily said...

Haha! That's so cute. I'm glad she can fit into some. I love shoe too.
I actually have 4 pairs of baby shoes already. Kinda sad, I know, since I have no kids, but a lady in my home town makes them and gives them to me every time I come home. (I think someone really wants us to have a baby!)

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Keizya's feet are the same! Long and skinny. She has a friend who's feet are short and chubby and we call hers tobaggans, and Keizya's feet are ski's. Where did you get her shoes? They are really cute, maybe I can get her some for Christmas. I just haven't bought her any because, like you said, baby shoes just don't come long and skinni...your lucky you have a husband who lets you decorate your baby's feet. We've just stuck to cute socks.