Thursday (may 21) we went to Belize. This was another port that we tendered at and they told us we weren't allowed to leave the port area and explore the island because it was dangerous. So... we booked another excursion! This time it was snorkeling in the 2nd biggest barrier reef second only to the great barrier reef in Australia. Pretty cool huh?! Most of the pictures for this were taken with underwater cameras so I'll add those once we get them developed. Here we are suited up for snorkeling. These vests made it so we didn't have to really swim. They pretty much made us float, but are alot smaller than a life jacket. I was really glad to have them since we ended up swimming around for over an hour without anywhere to take a break.
Casey and I have both never snorkeled before and it was amazing! It was like being in Finding Nemo! Or a huge aquarium! I definitely want to do it again! At first I felt like I was going to hyperventilate or something because I wasn't used to breathing through the tube thing and not at all through my nose, but it ended up being super easy. We saw so many fish and coral. We saw one fish that was like 5 feet long and ugly. The guy in our group said it was probably a barracuda. The other fish we saw were all really bright colors- blues, greens, yellows, purple. This is after we finished snorkeling. You can still see the lines from my goggles. And again- super clear, turquoise blue water!! I was loving it and stayed in the water as long as possible.
After snorkeling they took us back to a little beach for a few minutes before going back to the ship. It was beautiful. Belize had the most turquoise looking water that we saw the whole trip. Check out this beach... palm trees with hammocks, white sand, warm beautiful water! It was heaven!
Heading back to the ship after our day at Belize.
Our towel animal of the day
The next day was a Day at Sea. We tried the specialty drinks for the first time. They were so good! It's a good thing that we didn't have them until the 2nd to last day because we would have spent a lot of money on these yummies! This one was a mango/raspberry daiquiri.
That night it was elegant evening again. This is us with our table group. We felt really lucky to get such a great table! These people were all so fun to be with! A few nights after dinner we went to shows or lounges together. We asked them questions about drinking and they asked us questions about being "Mormon". They couldn't believe how fast we got married (9 months after first date). haha- It was pretty entertaining.
After dinner drinking a miami vice (strawberry daiquiri and pina colada). Oooh... so good!
Towel animal of the day: snake. "You know they love you when they make you a snake. I could make a snake- role the towel up, put on sunglasses, and ta-da."




9 comments:
Lucky...We miss you guys. Hope everything is awesome.
Looks like tons of fun. We're thinking of doing a similar trip, but we're scared to leave our girls for a full week. How was it leaving Jocelyn? Glad you guys had a good time.
Wow, that looks like so much fun! Did you guys go for a birthday or anniversary or just for fun? Whatever the reason, cruises rock. Ever since our Alaskan Cruise honeymoon I've wanted to go on another.
It looks like you guys had soooo much fun! Cruises are the best. Andrea, I LOVE your swimming suit! Where did you get it? Hope you guys are doing well!
it looks like you had so much fun!!! Yay for cruises!!
FUN CRUISE! We got a little family pic done yesterday by Julie!! She said you and Joc are both so cute. Miss you!
WOAH! What the festivities!? I just got onto your blog and saw all your adventures! That is so fantastic, it looks AMAZING! I'm so glad you had a great time AND by golly, we miss you guys!
I love all the pictures! And now I want to go even more! Are you up for another one anytime soon? Andrea, I love your hair, and the monkey is so cute! I can't wait to see you guys in like a few weeks! Wahoo!!!
i think you need to update your blog pronto. that's all! love you!
Post a Comment