Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ramblings...

Tonight I went to bed at 11, which is a new record for me in at least the last 2 months.  Now it's close to midnight.  I finally got out of bed because I just couldn't get to sleep.  I can't stand just laying there while my mind thinks of all the other things I could be doing.  I started to think about Jocelyn and how blessed I feel to be her mommy.  I started to feel guilt for not keeping a better journal of my life and of her life.  This blog is basically the only journal I use besides about a monthly entry in this one. 

Some Jocelyn moments not to be forgotten:

  • One morning in December I went into her room to wake her up for church.  I was all ready and was now getting her up to get her ready.  I picked her up out of bed while she was still pretty much asleep.  I laid her on her changing table.  She kept her eyes closed the whole time I changed her.  Then as I picked her up again she became quickly alert, looked at me and said, "Oh mommy. pretty. dress. Church day." 
  • One night in december while chatting in mom and dad Egbert's piano room, Jocelyn turned to leave the room and said, "Me-a (Meeka) treat. One minute." She held up her one finger to signal one minute then ran off.  She returned with and gave their dog one single dog food. Then said again, "Me-a treat. One minute." Again she signaled one minute, ran off, returned with a single dog food, and gave it to Meeka.  
  • About a month ago this is how she counted, "1,2,6,9,10".  Then it was "1,2,3,4,5,9,10". She always points her little finger like she is counting something and takes a quick breath between each number. 
  • Yesterday I wasn't in a good mood. No real reason why.  You know those days where you just don't feel very happy? It was one of those. I was sitting on the couch and Jocelyn came over to me and said, "Don't be sad, Mommy." Then she got me her bean (which is actually a burp cloth that she is very attached to.) She said, "Here bean." Then got her blanket and said, "Here frog blan-et." Next came her sippy, "Here sippy." Then it was back to, "Don't be sad Mommy." "Kiss better?" She kissed me. Then she patted me and sang, "Bilo baby, bilo baby." (Which is a song I sing to her at bedtime).  Apparently these are all things that make her feel better, and it worked for me too. :)
I'm going back to bed now.  Hopefully I can sleep now that I got some things off my mind.  Wish me luck that I actually get up and exercise like I have been planning to do...

4 comments:

Maddy said...

SOOOO CUTE. I can't wait for Britton to do more than grunt. And since you mentioned working out. I went on Monday because I was DYING to get back to the gym after 3 weeks. I went to do the normal weight I did before we left for Utah, and I about died. I am still so sore in my armpit muscles, 4 days later. Go slow!! And don't go 3 weeks between working out! :) Good luck! And I want to talk to you about your summer plans!

Frances said...

What a sweetheart you've got on your hands... I really do miss her so much! I can just picture her giving you her blanket and sippy. I'm sorry you had what I call a "Blah Day" yesterday... they are NO fun! But if you are up for some chatting, which I think we def. should call me later, I'm off today! Sure love ya!

Emily said...

That is so dang cute! She really is a sweetheart. It's amazing what she can pick up on. What a smart cookie.

Jace and Steph Ovard said...

Andrea, she is so cute! I am so glad you posted this. Some days I have those I don't feel like do anything days, I thought I was the only one, so I am glad to hear I am normal :) I hope that Ella can be as cute as Jocelyn when she's that age!