Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I've missed my blogging... Vacation #1

I'm in school again. That may explain my lack of posting some exciting events. I hope to do better, but probably won't.

On New Year's Day we went on a little Egbert family trip to Moab. We left Jocelyn with my parents again because we knew that it would be way to cold to take her around everywhere and she just wouldn't be happy. She loves being at my family's house and they love her so we knew she would be much happier there. The first day we went to Goblin Valley. I'd never been there before, but it was pretty cool. I was impressed! Plus there was a little bit of snow around, which made it look so pretty! We had fun climbing all over the different "little gobbies", playing catch, and taking pictures. I didn't bring my camera from the car and was too lazy to get it so I'll have to post pics when I get them from Sammy. The next day we went to Arches. We didn't do the long hike because Dad E. was sick. It was a big bummer that he was sick because he was the one who planned the trip and was so excited about it. We did drive all around Arches, go to lots of lookouts, and of course, took some fun pictures!

Sam, Jessica, Erica, and Casey



We ended that night with pizza, lots of treats, watching some football bowl??, a long soak in the hot tub, and a huge pillow fight/wrestling match!! Talk about the ultimate sleepover party huh?! We had a blast!



The next day on our way home we stopped at Dead Horse Point. Holy moly! It was amazing! You could see forever and it is beautiful! We may have even stayed more than 2 minutes if it hadn't been 5 degrees outside. I want to go again.

Dad E., Sam, Ryan, Erica, Jessica, and Momma E.

(picture courtesy of Sammy, my amazing photo genius, brother-in-law)

1 comment:

Maddy said...

i so wish we could have been there instead of dealing with the same plague pops got :( that was NOT fun and it looks like you guys had so much fun!