I am in love with these cookies! They are the very best sugar cookies I've ever had. I wish you could see how thick they are. They remind me of the pink Granny cookies. Case and I love the cookies themselves but think it's all in the sour cream frosting. That stuff is soo good! I sent them all out of my house after making them. I would have eaten them all if they stayed around much longer. As you can tell I had way too much fun decorating them. Thanks Gina, Juli, and Whitney for coming and making them with me!
Here's the Recipe:
Sugar Cookies
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 cups flour
Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and cream. Mix in remaining ingredients. Dough will be soft. (I always put mine in the fridge for a couple hours, or the freezer to chill.) Roll with additional flour. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Makes 64 cookies.
Sour Cream Frosting
1/4 cup butter or margarine- softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar (I ended up putting in about 4 cups. I guess it just depends on what consistency you want for your frosting)
1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine butter, sour cream, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Frosting becomes stiffer when refrigerated. Store in refrigerator.







6 comments:
Mmmmm! I've had a recipe really similar to that one and it really makes the best sugar cookie ever!! So yummy. I want to go make some now.
yay! Thanks for posting the recipe. I noticed you set one aside for the picture. ;) hehe.
Ohhh... I can't wait to try them out! I love the c+A=J cookie... that's so cute, and clever!
Thanks for inviting us! That was really fun and they are amazingly good. Jocey is so so cute. She makes me want a little girl but not really. haha
Holy Yum! I've been looking all over for a great sugar cookie frosting recipe. I'll so have to try this one! Love that it has sour cream!
looking at the post really makes me want to make these cookies. must... resist...
Post a Comment