Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hayride and Pumpkin Carving! What a great week!

Seriously, it was a super fun week! We went on a little hayride on Monday to pick out pumpkins! It was alot of fun to ride out to the field and pick ours off the vine. Jocelyn was so cute holding her little tiny pumpkin. It was pretty cold, but she didn't seem to mind at all. We want to do this every year. On the drive to the hayride Casey and I argued over who was more excited to go. He won. :)
We found our perfect pumpkins!
Then last night we got together with Bekah and Sam (Bradley), who we love to play with and are always fun and make us stay up till 2 am everytime we get together. haha. Sam made a yummy Japanese dinner that we all gobbled up. It was all deep fried and sooo good! Then we carved our pumpkins. Sam's brother AJ and his wife Ashley joined us for the carving and brought us yummy donuts. Thanks guys! I had to see if it would work to carve the little one and it did! I think it turned out really cute. Casey is so funny because we carved pumpkins last year with Sam and Bekah and Casey was the first one both years to be done and it was before any of us were even finished cleaning ours out. He likes to just get it carved fast.
Jocelyn loved squishing the pumpkin guts and she is fast getting it in her mouth so yes she did eat some.
Our Pumpkins! Left to right: Bekah's, Sam's, Casey's, Jocelyn's (not lit up), mine, AJ's, and Ashley's. We are pretty much professional pumpkin carvers!

After we carved the pumpkins we put Jocelyn up on the counter with all the pumpkins and she went back and forth between all of them licking and sucking on them. It was funny! She was our entertainment for the night. All six of us were entertained just playing with her and watching her for a good hour. And to think I wanted to get a babysitter for her that night- what would we have done for an hour without her there? She can be pretty fun! We left pretty early last night cause Jocelyn was awake- if I can consider midnight early! It was for us though. We are so glad they are living back down here so we can play with them more.
Jocelyn licking the pumpkins
Oh my goodness- I just looked at the date and Jocelyn is 7 months old today! I don't know where the time went! And I'm kicking myself for not getting pictures of her on her 7 month birthday. Shoot. Oh well, just know she's super cute and getting soo much happier and fun! Everyone comments on what a good baby she is. We've done a complete turn around from her first couple months. Hooray!

8 comments:

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Happy 7 month birthday to Jocelyn and Keizya! I forgot to tell her Happy Birthday when I saw you guys yesterday, will you tell her for me? She is so adorable, what lucky parents! It was so good to see you guys yesterday! Are you guys in that ward? I totally forgot to ask. Casey, your whole family is all grown up! Was that Sam? Little Sam that used to wander off in his PJ's? Wow! So, I was thinking about our crazy adventures when we went 4 wheeling up by the dream mine...what good memories we have! You guys are the cutest family ever...I love it!

Katelyn R said...

How fun! Between you and Angie, hearing about your fun pumpkin patch experiences, I think we may have to go do it too. It sounds like so much fun.

Emily said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun. Jocelyn is too cute!!
So in the pic with all the lit up pumpkins, is the second from the left Brak? (I believe you said it was Sam's...)

Anonymous said...

you are pros at pumpkin carving! and i love the pumpkin patch pics... quintin LOVED when we went, it was so cute! Also I loved the baby play time pics, thanks for taking them!

Maddy said...

For some reason my google reader didn't load all the pictures, so I'm glad I looked at your actual blog to see them! Such a cute fam... :) This is you're doing Christmas with your family right?

A.J. and Ashley said...

That was so much fun. It was fun hanging out with you guys. Jocelyn is even cuter in real life!

Celisa said...

How fun! I love the pics of Jocelyn with the pumpkins, she is so cute!

jamandsteph said...

I like casey's the best by far!!!!